UNDER THE LAW.
In addition to practicing bankruptcy and commercial law, Mr. Webster is a member of the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees, assigned to administer bankruptcy cases filed in the District of Columbia. He serves as a court-appointed trustee in chapter 11 cases filed in the District of Columbia and Virginia. As a bankruptcy trustee, Mr. Webster has been called upon to manage, operate and sell businesses and commercial assets, including residential and commercial real estate, multi-family housing developments, restaurants, a motel, a halfway home for Federal prisoners and a national telecommunications company.
As bankruptcy counsel, Mr. Webster has represented the Unsecured Creditors Committee in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving a Ponzi scheme accused of defrauding investors of cash investments in excess of $70 million. His governmental clients include the Housing Authority of Prince George’s County, Maryland and the Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia.
Mr. Webster served as General Counsel to the Housing Authority of Prince George’s County, where he supervised legal matters including the sale and development of real estate, land use & planning issues and commercial litigation. As counsel to the Public Service Commission, he advised the agency with respect to the regulation of electric and gas utility services in the District of Columbia and Maryland.
- LL.M. Harvard University Law School, 1978, concentration in business planning and bankruptcy law
- J.D. Howard University School of Law, 1975, with honors, Editor-in Chief of the Law Journal
- B.A. Boston University, 1972
- District of Columbia
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
- Law clerk to the Honorable John Garrett Penn in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Past Board Member of the Washington Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association – Hall of Fame
- Washington Bar Association – Lifetime member
- Past Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Key School in Annapolis, Maryland
- Past Adjunct Professor of Law at Howard University Law School
- Past Adjunct Professor Columbus School of Law at Catholic University